by James Scott, Director of the Capri
We are excited to announce plans for opening the beautiful, versatile, welcoming Capri!
But first, as you know, COVID-19 continues to be a factor in how we’re able to utilize the space. As of this writing, the State of Minnesota limits occupancy in entertainment venues of Capri size to 50%. In addition, another surge of COVID is progressing through our state. Our plans will evolve as the state allows.
Conversely, nearly 2 million people in Minnesota have been vaccinated, and the efficacy of the vaccine is proving to be excellent. With this in mind, we proceed, with appropriate caution and optimism.
Summer on the Capri Plaza
- SPCO Outdoors @ the Capri, 7pm Thursday, June 3
- Anne Long Celebration, TBD
Summer Indoors @ the Capri
- PYC Graduation Ceremony (limited family-only seating), Friday, June 4
- Capri Best Buy Teen Tech Center opens in July
- Summer Camp Capri play (limited capacity), 7pm Wednesday and Thursday,
August 4, 5
Capri Grand Opening
- Sunday, October 3, 12noon – 5pm, Open house, ribbon cutting
- Tuesday – Sunday, October 5 – 10, Nightly events including
Legends @ the Capri on 10/9, 10.
Rent the Capri
- Rental spaces at the Capri will be available beginning Monday, October 11
- We are booking rentals now at thecapritheater.org/rent-4
- Capri Facebook page
- Ticketing will begin mid-June, with the launch of our new website
- We need volunteers to help with a variety of Capri activities this summer and beyond.
- Sign up here. We’re going to have some fun! (Details to come.)
Our thanks to each and every one of you who’s been with us on this journey to the new Capri – as an audience member, donor, vendor, volunteer, nearby business, funder and friend. We will all Be @ the Capri together soon!