In 1984 PCYC purchased the Capri Theater, and in 2014 launched a $10 million capital campaign to complete the Capri Renaissance. The new Capri Theater will be a vibrant, welcoming place for all…with 20,000 square feet of exciting, new space complementing the classic, original Capri Theater.
New features include:
- One of the first 20 Best Buy Teen Tech Centers in the United States.
- A renovated 250-seat auditorium, an expanded back stage, and dressing rooms.
- A new Great Hall with seating for over 100, for performances and community events of all kinds.
- Additional classrooms and multi-purpose spaces for PCYC youth and the community.
- A wood shop/maker space and fabric shop.
- A beautiful, bike-friendly outdoor plaza.
Your gift to the Capri Capital Campaign pays tribute to all that’s come before and is yet to come at this cherished theater in North Minneapolis. Donate today! Thank you.
James D. Scott, Director of the Capri Theater
Debra deNoyelles, Director of Development
A Message from the Capri Teaching Artists
Over the years we’ve watched the transformation of the Capri from a hollowed out theater with creaky old seats to a highly regarded venue for students, emerging artists, established performers and audiences.
This hasn’t been a mere transformation of the theater space. As teachers and performers at the Capri we see, every day, the life-changing, disparity-bursting, pride-building potential of this place.
That’s why completing the Capri Rennaisance is important to us. We know what this space was meant to be and what we can accomplish here.
Upgrading the Capri to a fully functioning theater with appropriate amenities and more classrooms will make an enormous difference to our students and teachers, our neighbors and fellow artists. And when we bring up the full contingent of lights on West Broadway many more people will come from far and wide to Be @ the Capri in North Minneapolis.
Please join us now to support and complete the Renaissance of this extraordinary place. Thank you.
T. Mychael Rambo