Welcome to PYC Arts & Tech High School
Concurrent Enrollment Now Offered at PYC
What does this mean for our students?
By John Peterson, Director of Education
We have great news to share with you! PYC, in partnership with the Riverland Community College (a Minnesota State college), is offering our students the opportunity to take free, dual-credit college courses through a program called Concurrent Enrollment. This means PYC scholars can experience rigorous college coursework while still in high school, and can earn both college and high school credits.
Concurrent Enrollment College Courses:
- Are FREE to students and are conveniently offered at PYC.
- Offer dual college and high school credit.
- Provide an accelerated path to and through college, saving time and money.
- Provide 9th through 12th grade scholars with an introduction to, and prep for, college and careers.
Students who complete even a single college class are:
- More likely to graduate from high school.
- Significantly more likely to attend college, persist in college, and complete an Associate’s Degree or higher.
- Less likely to take remedial courses in college.
Concurrent Enrollment within career-focused pathways can also reduce dropout rates, and improve employment options and opportunities for increased earnings.
We’ll begin by offering a college math class and hope to add English, Theater and possibly other courses in the future. Please contact me if you have questions or need more information on Concurrent Enrollment. 612-643-2025.